photo: Luis Escobar

Sunday, April 3, 2011

March 28

Monday:
Back to school day.  Back to established routine.  Back to trying to find time to run.  This is typically not easy.  I think I need to dig in to self motivation and really come to terms with choosing to run 62 miles in one day.  I haven't really thought about it too much.  Mostly when I mention it to people they look at me with some kinda wonder and a look that says, "what's wrong with you?"  Is it a big deal?  Yes. Am I taking it lightly?  No, I am not really thinking too much about it until now.  Last Saturday we went out for a pretty easy 20 to 24 miles.  I cramped at 16 on a run not too dissimilar to the Miwok course.  So my confidence is a little battered right now.  I need to have a good month and it needs to start this week.  Miwok starts at 5:30am and I intend to get at least two runs in a week starting at that time...or close to it.
 Today needed to be a recovery day.  It was.  A nice hard workout for an hour in the kiddie pool.  It was awesome.

Tuesday:
Another good day.  Woke up early with the profile of Miwok staring me in the face.  Rolled out of bed and got coffee.  Gotta have it!  Ate a little and then out for some hill work.  4 x .5mile with 2 mile warm up and 1 mile cool down.  Great way to start the day, sunrise was beautiful.  I struggled but it was well worth it.  Saw an owl, ducks, cat and heard a bunch-o-chickens.  All this done by 6:30am.  At 10:00am I was in the pool again with four others who were waiting for a good workout.  My rehab kiddies.  Sun is out slight breeze and into a three to four foot, 90 degree therapy pool.  50 minutes of hard work later and my second workout of the day was done.  11:00am and I had almost two hours of good times under my belt.  Awsome!

Wednesday:
Plan = 8 to 10 in morning...reality = third pool workout.  My legs were tired though so good thing.

Thursday:
I intended to run in the morning again.  I need my sleep and when my CPA (wife), stays up clicking her computer until 10:45 the propects of getting up early shoot out the window. This was another pool day mixed with some abs.  I guess you can say I am sticking to a low mileage diet whether I like it or not.  I feel good and my body doesn't ache or feel 'tight' so I think this is a good thing for now. So far this week I have spent three and a half hours or so in the pool.  I think it's enough.

Friday:
Planning on a giant run for me tomorrow and Sunday.  Off today.

No comments:

Post a Comment