photo: Luis Escobar

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Skyline 2da Sea prep

Monday I did nothing and liked it.  Work had me in at 5am and didn't leave until 4pm or so.  I did go see my favorite chiropractor and that made me feel better.  Other than that my body was tired.

Tuesday I was in the pool again.  It was a gorgeous day and some pool cross training was in order.  Luckily four others, my usual rehab suspects, joined me and we went at it hard.  I almost made Dave puke again.  He really gets into the sprints.  Alex worked her ass off and ended up with 65 minutes of plyo's, sprints and core work.  I love my job.  This pool thing came at the right time and I think it is all from Daves suggestion or as a result of multiple conversations with his rehabilitation as the subject heading.   I ended up with about 80 minutes of good movement.  My body was alittle tired but moved well enough to get a good workout.

Wednesday my mother-in-law was picking up the girls so I went for a 10 mile spin up poly canyon towards shooters.  I didn't feel like running any of it.  I am glad it was a really nice day because  it made staying out there easy.  If you have never seen rattle snakes mate it is a trip.  Intertwined like a pretzle bangin into eachother, falling on the ground.  I was on my way back to Poly and two snakes were in the middle of the road 'doing it!' I had to watch for a second because at first I thought they were fighting.  After a couple minutes of amazment and disbelief I carefully went around them.  The rest of the run went easy and as I finished I noticed I had spent almost two hours out there.  I knew I spent some time watching the snakes, retracing my steps because of cows and contemplating what route to take after nearly five miles in, but I didn't think I was running that slow.  It really doesn't matter and my body felt good, so I guess it's a good thing.  Heading down poly canyhon is fun and this is where I finished my run and then left for home.

Thursday:  Pool work for an hour 15 minutes.  Varying intensity levels.  Good work, got a good sweat.

Friday: see Thursday.  Wanted to run, just didn't get the chance.

Saturday:
After football practice I started thinking about the race.  Mostly because I have to leave and get up to Santa Cruz sometime today.  For some reason my legs feel heavy and I am not into this at all.  Could be that I ate like shit this week.  I absolutely couldn't help myself.  Chips, candy, doughnuts you name I was eating it.  What an idiot.  My thoughts for tomorrow now are just to finish and get home. This kinda feeling is so defeating.  less than a month out of Miwok and I feel like crap and don't want to deal with training.  I am not burned out, maybe it's work or home...fuck me! my routine is off...next week better be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment