photo: Luis Escobar

Monday, April 4, 2011

42/3

I finished the week with a mellow paced run.  i wanted to get at least 8 and just go from there.  I started at Mott Gym and went out to second farm.  At second farm I decided to atleast go up to the intersection of Shooters and Morning Glory.  At the intersection I decided to give myself 15 minutes of climbing and then I would turn around regardless as to where I was.  I made it to the broken glass turn.  Literally less than 50 yards from the top.  I had to get back.  The down hill was actually harder than the going up.  Whatever.  I made it down in 10 minutes and headed along the single track toward Poly Canyon. four and half miles to go to get back to Mott.  Easy.  At two and a half to go I started bonking.  I forgot enough food.  One gel for a two hour run is not smart for me.  I just haven't trained that way and this two hour is following a four and a half hour fun run.  I made it back even though it took a little longer than it should have.  I didn't feel too bad, except my legs were crying foul!  Too much I guess.  Ha! screw them, they do what I want. 

Two days 36 miles ~7800' elevation, 6 hours 45 minutes of running.  Cool Beans!!!!
42/3 means 42 miles over three days.
The week ended up with four good cross train days and 3 good run days.
Running by myself gave me plenty to think about.

My aside note:  The more people I meet through ultrarunning the more faith I have that people generally are good.  I honestly think that if people stripped themselves down to some essentials and just ran, they would be better because of it.  Part of what brings people down is inactivity which in turn breeds laziness which turns to negativity which turns to pessimism which leads to cynicism and so on.  Not a social theory, just a thought.  People generally are good and would rather be altruistic than self serving, it is just harder now to take a step forward because of fear of rejection, litigation or someother negative outcome.

Take Home:
1- Run
2- Run Happy
3- Be good tothe next person you see 

No comments:

Post a Comment